Step 34 - A World Full of Beautiful People.  "We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow, suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken."  Fydor Dostoevsky

Today was a perfect example of how connected we are.  A perfect stranger giving me directions who, I later discover, works for someone I know and respect.  

Since I have been taking the bus to and from work and walking more, I have also noticed how much more connected to our community I feel.  I notice my surroundings, people and the patterns of their lives as we coincide travelling to and from our destinations together.  Smiling, getting to chat, noticing the mother with the two young children who, every morning, looks exhausted; the mother who is playful and makes up rhymes with her son, the dad whose two boys always arrive at the bus stop at the last minute - the driver waiting for them.

For sure it is frustrating not having the convenience of a car and I have to plan a lot better but overall it's not such a big deal.  Not the way I thought it would be anyhow. Perhaps it's because when I was growing up we didn't have a car.

In my early twenties I lived in Los Angeles without driving and rode a bicycle to and from work each day.  I was a "curiosity" to my fellow workers in the advertising agency who, couldn't imagine not driving, but loved my English sit up and beg style bike complete with a basket for my purse.  I even turned heads on Rodeo Drive!

Anyhoo I am geting off topic.  After I posted yesterday, visiting the hub pages where I post other articles, I discovered an amazing hub by a fellow "hubber" who has given me permission to share her creative goal setting ideas with you.  I thought it fit really well with where we are at in our journey together. 

Another connection in a community - albeit online - enriching the community who are Finding their own Fiji.

Step 34

Go to this page http://alifeofdesign.hubpages.com/hub/Maintaining-momentum-Reaching-your-personal-goals-using-creative-ideas-that-help-keep-you-motivated and select one of the creative ideas she suggests.  Either create one of your own now or keep it for a later time in the journey, perhaps at a time when you are feeling less motivated than you are today.  If you like her ideas, and I'm pretty sure you will, write a comment and let her know.

Say thank you for the people or a person in your community who you admire.

Successes...

Talking to my daughter about "attitude" and remembering my parenting skills :-)
Getting organized for a workshop I am facilitating tomorrow
Staying connected with friends
Eating wheat and gluten free

Challenges...

No curves AGAIN!
Staying focused on what needs to get done versus things I would prefer to do


Namas Day










 

Post a Comment